Sunday 14 July 2013

Fairytale love

Ah, love! Could thou and I with fate conspire,
To grasp this sorry scheme of things entire!
Would not we shatter it to bits-and then
Re-mould it nearer to the hearts desire!
---omar khayyam

I love this poem. It expresses sadness being in this world. The sadness of being in reality far from my dream world.  And right now the one I feel sad the most is the reality of love between men and women.  The reality that men never love the way women does or women expect. The ultimate love where he never looks at any other woman. Where I'm the only thing that matters to him. Where he would give his life in a heart beat for me. Coz that's the way I love. It's so disappointing to see husbands or lovers cheating on their love ones. Or even just looking and desiring another woman. It makes me feel so alone, more alone than I ever was. You thought you found your other half. The one who would love you more than anyone. The one who would know you more than anyone. The other half of yourself. And then it turns out your other self is desiring another one. The most painful form of betrayal.  I feel so unloved, alone and most insignificant that the one who know me most would be desiring somebody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment